Monday, March 5, 2012

Pendragon - Grognardia Retrospective

Still on the Pendragon train o' thought, I was very encouraged to see this glowing review of Pendragon from James over at Grognardia, especially since he is such a noted old-school guy and has forgotten more about RPG's than I've ever known:

http://grognardia.blogspot.com/2010/05/retrospective-pendragon.html

It's really a very positive retrospective, including this statement: "It is, to be frank, the most perfect out-of-the-box RPG I have ever played."  That is solid praise indeed.

If you want to know more about this game, read his review.  Unlike me, he's actually played it and knows a great deal about it.

4 comments:

  1. Your comments intrigued me, but having just spent $40 on a Hollow World box set, I'm not picking another gaming book up until Garycon at the earliest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean! :) I need to really watch myself or I'll constantly be buying new game systems just to read them. Hollow World does sound very cool by the way. As a kid, I was a huge fan of the Warlord Comics - which were, of course, set in the middle of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Entirely self-promotional response here, but I did a retrospective on Pendragon back in January...

    http://knightsoftheblackbanner.blogspot.com/2012/01/king-arthur-pendragon-retrospective.html

    ...One of my all-time favourite games.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brendan. Nice post you made. The more the merrier. :)

      Delete